Under 10 & 11
If your child is interested in playing and registering for Coledale Waves this year we would love to have you on board. Please get in touch @ email@example.com
Number of Players : 9 Players per team ( incl. goalkeeper )
Field Size : Length 60m to 70m X Width 40m to 50m
Penalty Area : 5m Deep X 12m Wide ( use markers )
Ball Size : Size 4
Goal Size : Width: 4.5m – 5m X Height: 1.8m – 2m
Goal Type : Portable Goals, Poles or cones
Goalkeeper : YES
Duration of Game : 2 X 25 min halves ( plus 5-7 min half time break )
Results Recorded : NO
Under 8-11 Age Group
- Start of play and re-start after goal – Pass forward to a team mate from the middle of the half way line. All players must be in their own half of the field of play. Opponents must be at least 5m away from the ball until it is in play. The ball must touch a team mate before a goal can be scored.
- Ball crossing the touchline – throw in – Opponents must be at least 5m away from the ball until it is in play.
- Ball crossing the goal line after touching the defending team last – Corner kick – Opponents must be at least 5m away from the ball until it is in play.
- Ball crossing the goal line after touching the attacking team last – Goal Kick – Goal kick from anywhere in the penalty area. Opponents remain at least 5m outside the penalty area until the ball is in play. The ball is in play once it is kicked directly out of the penalty area.
- Goalkeepers – The goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball anywhere in the penalty area. To restart play after a save or gathering the ball with their hands the ball must be thrown or rolled from the hands or played from the ground with their feet within 6 seconds. The goalkeeper is not allowed to kick or drop kick the ball directly from their hands. Opponents must be at least 5m outside the penalty area and cannot move inside the penalty area until the ball is in play.
- Under 8 & 9 – The ball is in play once it moves outside the penalty area.
- Under 10 & 11 – The ball is in play once it moves outside the penalty area or when the goalkeeper places the ball on the ground.
- Fouls and Misconduct – Indirect free kicks are awarded for all acts of handball or fouls and misconduct with opponents at least 5m away from the ball. ( An indirect free kick is where a goal can be scored only if the ball touches another player before it enters the goal ). For deliberate acts of handball or fouls or misconduct in the penalty area a penalty kick is awarded from the 8m penalty mark with only a goalkeeper in position. All players must be outside the penalty area at be at least 5m behind the ball.
- There is no offside for the 8-11 age groups. Even though there isn’t an offside rule as such, coaches and parents should not encourage players to stand in blatant offside positions as this practice isn’t in the spirit of the game and will have a negative impact on the football experience for everyone.